The Barnhill Careers (CEIAG) Strategy focuses on ensuring each of our students receive high quality careers guidance, which is critical to raising students’ aspirations and capitalising on the opportunities available to them. Our goal is to equip students with the confidence and skills which allow them to effortlessly progress into further education or into the workplace.
To allow for this, our strategy has been modelled on the Gatsby Benchmarks, which emerged from a government enquiry into what makes good careers guidance at schools and colleges nationwide and is now defined as the statutory guidance. These benchmarks ensure that all students at Barnhill are exposed to high quality careers guidance throughout their time at Barnhill.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to career
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Please see the rest of our Careers Strategy attached below.